This the new podcast focused version of Secular Left
Our Current Episode
Also available on:
Other Recent Episodes
- In this episode, Doug asks why there are no millitary bases named for President Ulysses S. Grant who won the civil war for the north and the weak arguments people make to support keeping Confederate symbols. He talks about the wild complaints about wearing masks one California county government heard, and then shines a bright light on efforts of Christian nationalists to force religion in the public schools in Ohio under the cover of COVID-19 and religious freedom.Read the postWhy Is There No Fort Grant?Read More »
- In this episode, recorded before the murder of George Floyd, Doug talks to activist Julian Mack, spokesperson for Community Solidarity Response Network of Toledo, about how the pandemic actually ripped open and laid bare the existing inequality we have in this country. We talk about the reforms needed in the criminal justice system including the end of cash bail and depopulating of the jails due to COVID-19. Finally we discuss the best path to changing the problems we face.Read the postGeorge Floyd, Pandemic Inequality, ending the bail systemRead More »
How Can You Support This Show?
- Listen – the biggest support is to subscribe and listen to the show
- Share – share links to the show with friends and family
- Comment – gives us your comments, complaints, and topic ideas through the website or through email@example.com
- Follow us on social media
- Give the show a review online or your favorite podcast app
- You can also Buy Me a Coffee
Sign Up For Our Newsletter
If you want to know when episodes are published before they get listed in the various directories, or if you want to read some news and information we think you might be interested in, then subscribe for our email newsletter.
In the Spring of 2020, Secular Left transitioned to focus on a podcast but there are still written blog posts available to read here. In the future there might be more written blog posts. You can also use the search bar at the the top of the page to look for any blog post here.